About the RCSSA
Established in May 1975, the Renal Care Society of South Africa (RCCSA), operates under a constitution and serves its members through a national Executive Committee.
Originally consisting of only 9 members, the Society has a growing membership, consisting of registered nurses, clinical technologists and other health care professionals with varying experience and expertise.
Through its varied activities the Society has made valuable contributions to renal health care in South Africa.
The mission of RCSSA is to advance the professional development of members practicing in nephrology, transplantation and related therapies, and to promote the highest standards of patient care.
The Society aims to:
- promote and develop education in renal care;
- initiate, improve and enhance through its membership, high standards of perfection, efficiency and cooperation between all personnel involved in renal care;
- encourage research relating to renal care and its related subjects and to collect and disseminate technical, nursing and medical information and knowledge;
- develop a close relationship between individuals members of the Society;
- hold at least one congress and one symposium every two years;
- obtain funds to assist and enhance education nationally and internationally;
- provide the public with information regarding the prevention of renal diseases.